BMW E46 is arguably one of the most successful models to come from this automotive giant in recent times. It brought the raw driving experience of its legendary predecessors and channeled it through a prism of modern design. It’s been over two decades since the first E46 left the factory floor in Germany. Yet, it’s still difficult to find a BMW that hits that same spot and fills the void left behind by this car. With that said, there’s one thing that’s better than a stock E46 – an E46 with a unique story.
Come meet our first Bonanza winner, Maddyx Chiropteran and his lovely Freya. Even though she was basically left for dead, he picked her up and gave her a new lease of life. Now they spent most of the time together, cruising around, taking trips to Deer Creek Canyon, and ripping up tires at the track.
1. Tell us a bit more about your car: how old is it, and have you made any modifications?
The list of modifications:
- M54B30 Bottom end
- M54B30 Forged one-piece crank & forged internals
- B28 Ported head
- 330 Exhaust cam
- M50 Intake manifold
- Toyota SC14 Supercharger
- 42lb Injectors
- Aeromotive 340 fuel pump
- Conforti Shark Intake
- Catless Headers
- Mishimoto Coolant hoses
- Oil Catch Can
- OEM ZHP Exhaust w/ Magnaflow Muffler
- M56 SULEV Valve Cover
- Getrag 420G 6-speed from an M3
- ECS Stage 1 Clutch
- 3.46 Rear Gear
- ZHP Short Shifter
- 18×9 Cosmis XT206Rs in Hyper Bronze
- Continental DWS06 Tires
- Hand-tuned by Tag Team Tuning (a brand consisting of myself and a friend)
- Redline bumped to 7300RPM
- Hard Rev Cut
- Fuel cut Overrun enabled
- Launch control mapped
- Braum racing seats
- M4 spoiler shaved and made custom to fit
- CNC’ed shifter to allow the threaded knob
- Braum harness bar
- STL Roof spoiler
- Retrofit source pod brights
- Porsche Panamera switchback halos
- JL Audio door and deck speakers
- Harman Larson tweeters
- Eonon touch screen head unit
2. What is your profession?
3. How did your love affair with cars begin and what was your first car?
4. Where did you two meet?
5. What do you like the most about your car?
6. What’s the best time you’ve had with it?
Track days. Being able to push her to her limits and really learn as a driver is a rush I can’t get enough of. That and cruising with friends, that’s always a fun time.
7. Where is the perfect drive that best matches your car?
8. What would you say to your car’s original designer?
9. If you could pick just one perfect passenger, who would it be?
10. What does the future hold – will you replace it with something else?
After I get the supercharger dialed in on 8lb of boost, that will basically be the end of the build, save for maybe more cosmetics, e85, and some harnesses to hold me better into my bucket seats. I have been looking at other cars as a new daily, but I will be keeping Freyaforever!